On the market for the first time in over 30 years Moyle House dates from 1907. This commanding Arts and Crafts home with its high chimneys and classic looks retains ornate decorative details to its façade.
Inside original features still abound. Retained are the ironwork to the doors, fretwork to the stairs, picture rails and deep skirting boards. Even the original servants' call bells in the kitchen still work. Large windows flood the high- ceilinged rooms with light and the hall, with double doors opening onto a covered loggia, invites exploration of the garden.
The versatile accommodation provides approximately 5000 sq.ft (460 sq.m) of sumptuous living space. It has been exceptionally maintained by the current owner who has ensured that the elevational styling of the recent extensions match the original. The house now provides the option of a completely self- contained two-bedroom annex or a home office facility.
Within its 2 acre park-like setting and situated out of sight of the road behind mature trees, this Edwardian home is accessed by remote controlled entrance and exit gates. The sweeping gravel drive leads between lawns and woodland to a spacious parking area.
The attached double garage, with remotely controlled roller doors has light and power. Adjacent is a separate timber barn/garage which provides further parking space.
An attractive partly walled courtyard on the east elevation of the house is a sun trap from early morning to mid-afternoon. To the south the house overlooks the main lawn, which flanked by flowering rhododendrons and established woodland of mature native trees, leads the eye into sylvan tranquillity. In the spring, snowdrops, daffodils and bluebells, cover the ground in abundant drifts.
• Finchampstead is a popular village to the south of Wokingham. National Trust woodland and country walks abound. A range of shops provide for
• every day provision and restaurants, local pubs, doctors and dentists are close at hand.
• The desirable market town of Wokingham is about 4 miles away. Having recently undergone a complete regeneration, it now provides a fabulous range of shops, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, supermarkets, and even a boutique cinema and bowling alley. A new leisure centre is due to be completed shortly.
• The mainline railway station at Wokingham serves Waterloo, Guildford, Gatwick Airport and Reading. Reading is one of the largest interchange hubs outside of London. The speedy Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) will open shortly and provide a speedy link through London and on to the east of the capital.
• Both the M4 and M3 motorways are nearby and provide convenient access to Heathrow and Gatwick airports and the country's motorway network.
• There are a number of renowned schools locally. Amongst these are Ludgrove, Reddam House, Holme Grange, Luckley House, Wellington College and Bohunt.
• A wealth of exceptional leisure amenities are within easy reach. Notably these include horse racing at Ascot, flying at Blackbushe, golf at Wentworth, health spas, plus many other centres for family activities and leisure.